linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show off your truck

+6
Highplains Drifter
CanadianLineman
BC_boy
lewy
hotwiretamer
topgroove
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Show off your truck - Page 2 Empty Re: Show off your truck

Post  MI-Lineman Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 am

ONLY ONE GO LIGHT???? laughing Some day when ur up this way I'll show ya how to stock a truck!!! way cool
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 am

MI-Lineman wrote:ONLY ONE GO LIGHT???? laughing Some day when ur up this way I'll show ya how to stock a truck!!! way cool

I hear ya! The first thing I noticed is I always Velcro a black Erasable Sharpie in one of the side doors. I can’t remember how many times when working I would notice I needed this and that….and of course my pen and pad are in the cab. By placing the Sharpie on the bin door I can write down what I need for restocking. Heck RC you can even go as far as having the whole tail board drawn out on the hood of that truck…..and it wipes off so nice!
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:11 pm

MI-Lineman wrote:ONLY ONE GO LIGHT???? laughing Some day when ur up this way I'll show ya how to stock a truck!!! way cool

Jealousy is a sin Mike....... Wink
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Highplains Drifter wrote:

I hear ya! The first thing I noticed is I always Velcro a black Erasable Sharpie in one of the side doors. I can’t remember how many times when working I would notice I needed this and that….and of course my pen and pad are in the cab. By placing the Sharpie on the bin door I can write down what I need for restocking. Heck RC you can even go as far as having the whole tail board drawn out on the hood of that truck…..and it wipes off so nice!

That's a good idea with the erasable sharpie.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:26 am

Hey maybe we could have a friendly little competition between us "lamplighters?" I will take some pics soon of my rig and we will let the members vote? I see this the beginning of something interesting?Show off your truck - Page 2 Thinking-018 We could vote between crew trucks for other members (although I gotta admit I think Top already has my vote!). We could learn little tips or tricks that way from each other? NICELY critique each other? Suspect

What ya think? We got polls on here don't we?

Last edited by MI-Lineman on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 am

MI-Lineman wrote:Hey maybe we could have a friendly little competition between us "lamplighters?" I will take some pics soon of my rig and we will let the members vote? I see this the beginning of something interesting?Show off your truck - Page 2 Thinking-018 We could vote between crew trucks for other members (although I gotta admit I think Top already has my vote!). We could learn little tips or tricks that way from each other? NICELY critic each other? Suspect

Pics soon huh? What your truck the kind when you open up a bin door everything falls out? Instead of eye loops in a drop line it's a knife knot? Bucket the kind where your a foot taller standing in it because it's filled with squeeze on boxes and nips of wire? The kind where you weave in a spot in the back of the truck because your a collector of old material that passes every dumpster but a gas station?

hahaha j/k -- few guys around here like that though Wink

Yeah I think that'd be good idea... and yes we have polls!

rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:00 am

Does my 2012 F-150 count? Or can I wait until the end of October and show off my 2013??? Taunting
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:21 am

rcdallas™️ wrote:
MI-Lineman wrote:Hey maybe we could have a friendly little competition between us "lamplighters?" I will take some pics soon of my rig and we will let the members vote? I see this the beginning of something interesting?Show off your truck - Page 2 Thinking-018 We could vote between crew trucks for other members (although I gotta admit I think Top already has my vote!). We could learn little tips or tricks that way from each other? NICELY critic each other? Suspect

Pics soon huh? What your truck the kind when you open up a bin door everything falls out? Instead of eye loops in a drop line it's a knife knot? Bucket the kind where your a foot taller standing in it because it's filled with squeeze on boxes and nips of wire? The kind where you weave in a spot in the back of the truck because your a collector of old material that passes every dumpster but a gas station?

hahaha j/k -- few guys around here like that though Wink

Yeah I think that'd be good idea... and yes we have polls!

I don't use squeeze-ons anymore thank you! Puking Smiley Let's just say those buckets of hand wipes with orange clean on'em work better than Armorall on the black palstic trim like fender flares and the rubber gromets around the lights! Cool
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:23 am

Highplains Drifter wrote:Does my 2012 F-150 count? Or can I wait until the end of October and show off my 2013??? Taunting

Yes, maybe we could vote between that semi-retirement vehicle of yours and heels Hoveround? laughing
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Here it is RC! I forgot the stick cabinet which all my fiberglass is in bags and I carry chunks of urd secondary wire for bad undergrounds. Also I got sticks of conduit, a spare red head, sledge hammer, temp ground ride driver, and my shovel in the rear bin along the back!

Your a computer geek so make a poll! Cool

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131230

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131231

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131232

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131233

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131234

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131235

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131236

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131237

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131238

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131239

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131240

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131241

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131242

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131243

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131244

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131245

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131246

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131247

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131248

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131249

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131250

Show off your truck - Page 2 09131251
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  hotwiretamer Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Nice!

got to love that traveling warehouse!
hotwiretamer
hotwiretamer

http://www.bellsellshavasu.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 pm

hotwiretamer wrote:Nice!

Yeah it's a warehouse alright. My first question to him was are you on a line crew or a service truck BDT

He's got me beat for now; only because I had 3 hours to put my truck back together. Those new fords giving ya'll any problems? The ones year of two older had nothing but problems here...so many that in this district they'll only order a dodge.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 pm

rcdallas™️ wrote:
hotwiretamer wrote:Nice!

Yeah it's a warehouse alright. My first question to him was are you on a line crew or a service truck BDT

He's got me beat for now; only because I had 3 hours to put my truck back together. Those new fords giving ya'll any problems? The ones year of two older had nothing but problems here...so many that in this district they'll only order a dodge.

Funny, I seem to recall someone tellin me once...."jealousy's a sin Mike!" Taunting

Acually the only issue is transmission issues but it has somethin to do with the interlock for the hydro system and Fords programing? I heard them Dodge's burn up or somethin? stiring the pot

We used to get at least a week to stock and prep a new line truck and I expected at least 3 days but I got NONE! Did it all between jobs in about a week and a half? I don't like leaving people in the dark cuz I had (dam it that reminds me I need 6" bolts! Banging head against ) to run back to the shop for a part! I wish I had more room for 1 of each strt lght head too!
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  kooman Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 pm

[quote="rcdallas™️"]Mine has been gone for 9 long months and I finally get it back

[url=https://servimg.com/view/17234339/130]Show off your truck - Page 2 Photo_18

please tell me that blanket isn't for primary use. Smile

kooman

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 pm

MI-Lineman wrote:

Funny, I seem to recall someone tellin me once...."jealousy's a sin Mike!" Taunting

Acually the only issue is transmission issues but it has somethin to do with the interlock for the hydro system and Fords programing? I heard them Dodge's burn up or somethin? stiring the pot

We used to get at least a week to stock and prep a new line truck and I expected at least 3 days but I got NONE! Did it all between jobs in about a week and a half? I don't like leaving people in the dark cuz I had (dam it that reminds me I need 6" bolts! Banging head against ) to run back to the shop for a part! I wish I had more room for 1 of each strt lght head too!

Ha! My compliment isn't jealousy, smurf Wink j/k lol hahahaha

They might burn, but I tell you what...I keep graham crackers and marshmallows in the cab for now on Laughing

How many miles you get out of a gallon of that cow piss? I had to use a new dodge the other day and had to pick up a jug of that and I tell you that stuff isn't cheap. Think that rig got about 4 miles to the gallon where I get about 9 and it's bigger. I wouldn't want to personally own a new diesel nowadays fo sho.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:42 pm

kooman wrote:please tell me that blanket isn't for primary use. Smile

Yeah that thing is kinda dirty in that picture. Have since changed those out along with truck gloves...was without it for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:00 am

rcdallas™️ wrote:
MI-Lineman wrote:

Ha! My compliment isn't jealousy, smurf Wink j/k lol hahahaha

They might burn, but I tell you what...I keep graham crackers and marshmallows in the cab for now on Laughing

How many miles you get out of a gallon of that cow piss? I had to use a new dodge the other day and had to pick up a jug of that and I tell you that stuff isn't cheap. Think that rig got about 4 miles to the gallon where I get about 9 and it's bigger. I wouldn't want to personally own a new diesel nowadays fo sho.

To be honest I'm not sure cuz the mechanics keep it full? I think it's about 5 gallons it holds and its about every three fill ups.
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Show off your truck - Page 2 Empty Weight Pool

Post  hotwiretamer Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Anybody want to get in a "weight pool" as to how much Mikes 550 is over weight??

With that real of wire I'll bet he is 850lbs. over on his rear axles. 200 on the front when Mikes fat ass is sitting in it. laughing lol!
hotwiretamer
hotwiretamer

Back to top Go down

Post  hotwiretamer Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:35 pm

[quote="kooman"]
rcdallas™️ wrote:Mine has been gone for 9 long months and I finally get it back

[url=https://servimg.com/view/17234339/130]Show off your truck - Page 2 Photo_18

I think I would change out that clickity for a battery operated press!
hotwiretamer
hotwiretamer

Back to top Go down

Show off your truck - Page 2 Empty URD puler

Post  hotwiretamer Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:57 pm

While I was in Tucson, they were demonstrating this unit.

The cab had A/C, and the whole nine yards.

http://www.sherman-reilly.com/marketing/safezone/

hotwiretamer
hotwiretamer

Back to top Go down

Post  lewy Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:19 am

[quote="kooman"]
rcdallas™️ wrote:Mine has been gone for 9 long months and I finally get it back

You still use linkets & the Hytool.

lewy

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 am

hotwiretamer wrote:Anybody want to get in a "weight pool" as to how much Mikes 550 is over weight??

With that real of wire I'll bet he is 850lbs. over on his rear axles. 200 on the front when Mikes fat ass is sitting in it. laughing lol!

Luckily I'm full of hot air and so it counters my f@t @ss? Embarassed You're not very nice HT! Suspect For you're info I don't even have to fill out a DOT slip on her anymore! I shall weigh her next week with our portable scales if we have'em in our shop still (with and without me in the cab? Embarassed ) and show you all!! Finger
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:45 pm

lewy wrote:

If your talking about the clicky tool and what I call end to end connectors no not really. I haven't used that tool since I was issued that truck. I used them all the time when I was in West Texas, here I use more H-Tap connectors.

I have a 18volt battery operated o-d die tool and I use it all the time. At the same time I still keep a pair of wood handles in the bucket too. I do like that clicky tool for things such as a transformer that has some hylugs already bolted on, I can use the clicky tool and put one side against the tank and one hand crimp it faster then it would be to put a set of BG dies in and piddle with that. With what I do out here it's not often I'm out there running services.

Crimp 350/500 Hylugs I have a manual vc6 tool that I'll never use. Call for a crew if messing with that big of wire, they have battery operated crimpers for that.

Show us your toy Lewy Cool
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:50 pm

MI-Lineman wrote:
Luckily I'm full of hot air and so it counters my f@t @ss? Embarassed You're not very nice HT! Suspect For you're info I don't even have to fill out a DOT slip on her anymore! I shall weigh her next week with our portable scales if we have'em in our shop still (with and without me in the cab? Embarassed ) and show you all!! Finger

Bet your pushing well over 21,000 on that truck... Suspect
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:51 pm

rcdallas™ wrote:
lewy wrote:

If your talking about the clicky tool[ CLACKER] and what I call end to end connectors [FIRE CRACKERS] no not really.
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next